Grammar: Reflexive Pronouns
In Spanish, I have learnt about reflexive verbs. Well, in English, there is only one thing that can be reflexive: pronouns.
When you are referring to yourself or doing something for yourself, you must use a reflexive pronouns. This rule applies to any subject: You, me, them, we, etc.
Here is the list:
|Subject Pronouns||Reflexive Pronouns|
Here are some example sentences. Fill in the blanks:
- “I looked at _______ in the mirror before leaving the house.”
- “You should be ashamed of ________ for behaving like that at school.” (hint, there are two possible answers here)
- “She needs to respect ______ more.”
- “We are quite proud of _______ for the work that we have done.”
- “He took _________ for a walk to the park.”